Nutrients is the food which continuously performs its duty in a human body. Nutrients is not just a single process, it starts when a person intakes food and ends after the end products are released from the body. It also helps in the digestion of the food, absorption of the vitamins and minerals, transports the same to the different parts of the body. Nutrients are very vital for all living beings as they help in the proper functioning of the body. It is essential that we maintain a healthy diet so that we get all the required nutrients for a healthy body in every stage of life. It is beneficial if we consult an expert in nutrients as it will help us to know that the diet we are following is right or not.
Importance of Nutrients.
A healthy body is identified by the type of meal that is consumed. It is necessary for a human body to get a healthy balanced diet which can provide the correct amount of all the minerals and vitamins that are required for it to work properly. In case the right proportion of vitamins and minerals are given to the body then the chances of being malnutrition is negligible and it also helps in avoiding various diseases like heart disease, strokes, obesity, diabetes etc.
The food that we intake helps our body to function properly and also helps in providing the correct amount of minerals and vitamins:
- Carbohydrates, and energy giving foods helps in performing all the physical activities of the human body.
- Bodybuilding minerals such as proteins not only helps the organs but also helps the bones in building up. Various minerals such as phosphorus and iron are very important for the formation of flood in the body.
- Protective foods such as essential minerals and proteins help the body in fighting various chronic diseases which are injurious to the health.
- Regulatory foods such as water which helps the body in regulating the major processes of a healthy body such as maintaining the temperature of the body, helps in the digestion process and in the process of excretion.
Some of the essential nutrients that are required for an healthy body are:
It is very important to have the right knowledge of what to consume and what should not be consumed, as it is very necessary for maintaining a healthy diet for a healthy body. The meal that is taken or consumed should be balanced correctly so that the right proportion of vitamins and minerals are derived from the food that is consumed. As mentioned earlier carbohydrates, fats, water, minerals, vitamins and proteins are very essential for our body in order to be healthy. Here are some options that can be consumed in order to maintain the diet as a healthy one.
- Food rich in carbohydrates includes wheat, bread (whole wheat), rice, cereals, pasta, noodles, ragi, jowar, biscuits, starch, yam, sweet potatoes, potatoes, arrowroot, cooking oils, ghee, butter, jaggery, sugar, honey etc.
- Foods rich in protein include milk and other dairy products like buttermilk, curd, cheese, nuts and seeds, groundnuts, pulses, soya bean, grams, chicken, eggs, mutton, fish, meat, etc.
- Foods which are rich in vitamins and minerals include milk and other dairy items, green and leafy vegetables, other vegetables and fruits like carrots, mango, papaya, kiwi, banana, orange, pulses that are sprouted, pulses, til, rice flakes, almonds, nuts, etc.
Considering the mentioned food items will definitely help a body with the right proportion of vitamins and minerals in order to keep the body healthy and Fit.